The first Catholic Church in the area was St Monica’s Church 12th May 1878, which burnt down on January 1st 1909. A plaque is erected on the original site at Kyabram West.
Opening dates for St Augustine’s Presbytery 1902 and St Augustine’s Church 3rd July 1910 Kyabram.
In 1999 major extensions were completed to the original design of St Augustine’s Church, which now provides a more suitable environment for liturgical celebrations.
The parish includes neighbouring towns of Tongala where St Patrick’s Church was built in 1909 and Merrigum, site of St Sebastian’s church which opened in 1903.
St Augustine’s School Kyabram Opened 1904
St Patrick’s School Tongala Opened 1956
Our Lady of Peace Parish Convent 1918 - Kyabram Brigidine Order
St Augustine’s Parish was run by the Augustinian Order until January 2006
Parishes in Partnership Kyabram and Tatura with Fr Michael Morley until January 2017
Fr Cornelio (Jinjo) Solis Parish Priest, full time for Kyabram from January 2017 to 31 October 2020
Fr John Paul Pasala, Parish Administrator for Kyabram (and Parish Priest for Tatura) from 31 October 2020 to current